Honesty Time

Keeping it real since 2013

Just Tuesday.


To be honest- this post theme couldn’t come at a worse time for me.  My last day at work was just a week and a half ago, and I spent the past week on vacation in London.  Lately, there isn’t such thing as a typical day.  I thought about sharing a typical day when I was still working, but since I’m not returning to that job now, it seemed pointless.  I also thought about posting about what I did last Wednesday, but like I said, I was in London, which was hardly typical.  So, what I’ve decided to do is talk about yesterday.  It was a boring day, but it is what my days are like, at least for another week or so.

I got back from vacation Monday night at 11pm (4am London time).  I was still jet-lagged, and woke up the next morning at the crack of dawn.  I tried to take advantage of my early morning energy by getting right to work looking for a new job and apartment and doing other things to prepare to move away again.  As excited as I am to be moving away, this sort of thing really feels like a drag.  Job applications are so time consuming and usually discouraging, and looking for an apartment just reminds me of how expensive it is to live on your own and that I’m not working anymore.


By 10am Tucker was fully awake and ready to go outside.  All of this looking for a new job and new apartment had me feeling like a fresh start, so I also decided that it would be a good day to start getting back into shape.  I decided to take Tucker for a run.  He cracks me up- as soon as he sees me put on running clothes he starts whining and rushing me towards the door.  I usually try to shoo him away so I can get ready in peace but the second he sees sneakers come out he literally goes nuts and starts barking and crying like a puppy.  If I let him go on long enough he actually ends up shaking.  I did get him to sit still long enough to take this crazy picture.


Once we were back, I showered and made a salad for lunch.  It was colorful and healthy, I was pretty proud of myself.  I tried to make the most of the nice weather by eating on the deck, but I quickly realized that there is a wasp nest somewhere very near.  You know that feeling when a wasp is flying around and all you want to do is jump up and run away but are trying to be as still as possible so it might not notice you?  That was me between every bite of salad.  I didn’t get stung and the salad was great, so it was all worth it.


The afternoon consisted of doing loads of laundry and bits of cleaning up around the house.  Also, skyping with Kunaal.  The most exciting part of his day, clearly.

Screen shot 2013-05-07 at 3.00.50 PM


And yes, I did take a picture of my clothes on the line because:

  • It was the first day I’ve been able to hang them outside since last summer and
  • It took a lot of courage for me to knock away all of the spiders that were making webs across the lines to be able to hang them at all.

Once my parents got home it felt like the day was over.  I chatted with my mom about my trip since I didn’t get a chance to the night before and we caught up on the past week.  After dinner I took Tucker for another walk.


Then, I ate one of these, so much for being healthy today.  Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.


And there you have it, my first post about my first boring day staying at home.  I vote we revisit this theme in 6-12 months, I hope I’ll have something more interesting to write about by then.  But for now, enjoy the pictures.



2 thoughts on “Just Tuesday.

  1. Pingback: A day in the life. | Honesty Time

  2. Pingback: Happy Blog-iversary! | Honesty Time

Be Honest!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s