Do You Have a Bucket List? What’s on it?
This has taken me such a long time to think of. I’ve never had a bucket list. I spend so much time worrying about the here and now that I often fail to think of what I want to do, see, or accomplish in the future. So I started thinking of little things and big things, even things that I can accomplish soon. I don’t think this is a complete list by any means, either. I just couldn’t think of everything all at once. I’m probably even missing something super obvious. Oh well. Here it goes.
- Have my own classroom aka JOB
- PAY OFF MY LOANS/CAR.
- Move to the middle of nowhere, buy a big house with a lot of land, and have dozens of animals live with me. My animal sanctuary and haven.
- Meet and hold and love a sloth. Bonus points if this happens in Costa Rica as I work at/volunteer at the Sloth Sanctuary.
- Go to the Tony Awards. Either as just a seat filler, someone who paid an arm and a leg to drool over it, or by the grace of the universe as a bona fide guest.
- Drive around the country on a food tour. I don’t know how much I would enjoy this while being gluten free, so maybe this will have to be while I’m still young and can get away with a little gluten without getting too sick.
- Speaking of, and this is a reach, real fantasy, not even sure about this being on the list, open a gluten free bakery. Rock it out with yummy baked goods and not have to worry about getting swollen and sick. And I’d like to share good food with others. Especially because the gluten free bakery in my area is terrible. Those cupcakes were like rocks.
- Meet Kristin Chenoweth. Sorry, this is my lame celebrity portion of the bucket list because she’s always been my idol and we’re about the same height and I just adore her so much and want to be friends.
- Own a pair of Louboutins. Yup, I’m vain and materialistic sometimes. I just want a pair. They look fabulous, and if I own a pair, I guess I’ll feel like I’m really in control of my finances, which is always my larger goal… though I guess after dropping that much money on a pair of shoes, I’ll probably have to eat nothing but rice for awhile.
- Get married. Yeah I said it. No, I don’t actually plan to be alone for the rest of my life, thanks.
- Live in another country, even if only for a few months. Preferably with my (imaginary) spouse. Cats don’t always make good sight-seeing companions.
- Visit every state.
- Visit every continent.
- Go to Carnevale in Venice.
- Go to Sicily.
- Actually learn to speak Italian. Come on, seriously, I should be able to by now. Oops.
- Go on a Safari. I really like animals. I want to see wild animals where they live, and I think it would be an awesome to spend my “Visit every continent” part of the list too.
- See the Great Barrier Reef. I love fish! I do! I do! Quite like the safari idea, I would love to see this amazing, living structure and all of the creatures that inhabit it.
- Own a fancy salt water tank. They’re expensive and hard to maintain, but I want one. Fish are friends, not food (except in sushi, oops).
- Go to Pat O’Brien’s in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and hang out by the Dueling Pianos.
- Ride a horse. I’ve never actually done it.
- Own a business and have it go somewhere. On my way with this one, actually, after I can fork up the money to get it started. Or maybe my bakery will be this one. Who knows.
- Read all of the books on my bookshelf. This one will be impossible because I never have time to read, and I keep buying more books. But that’s ok. Basically, just read a lot.
- Learn to play piano. I have short and stiff fingers, but I knew the basics back in high school and I’d like to expand on that at some point.
- Go to a World Series Game. Really, I just want to go to a Yankees World Series game and sit in good seats. I want to cheer and scream and freak out over the boys when it matters most. I know it will be a life-changing sports experience.
I think that’s all I can think of for right now. Is that weird? What’s on your bucket list?