Yay New Years Resolutions! I cannot believe that it is New Years Eve already. I also can’t wait for this year just to be over so I can start fresh. 2013 hasn’t really been the best for me. Anyway, I know that two of my fellow bros shared their lists already, but seeing as today is New Years Eve, I figured what better time to share my own list. Here are a few that top my list.
5. My Own Car: I know it seems simple enough, but it has been difficult for me to even see owning my own car. I am nearly always broke and I am in no way looking for anything fancy. I am really interested in a car that is fuel efficient, reliable, and affordable. I am leaning toward either a Honda or a Mazda. (I am open to any other suggestions for those who have them) As of right now, I share a car with my mother and my brother. Technically speaking, it is my mother’s car and I can only stay local with it. It really is a bother. Most times it turns into an argument anytime any one of us needs to go somewhere. I feel like I have no liberty. I can’t really go anywhere without someone questioning when I will be back and how long I will be etc. I am 24 years old. I want to be able to come and go as I damn well please. Hopefully buying a car will be achievable this way I feel as though I will have a touch more freedom in my life. Trust me. I need it.
4. Health: I already try to stick to around a 1200 calorie diet in addition to going to the gym at least 3 times a week. However, with the holidays, I have been eating like crap. I am not happy about it at all. I always feel guilty, but I just can’t help it. It is everywhere. Cookies, chips, risotto, pasta by the pound, this list goes on and on. I am hoping that I can continue my healthy eating habits through 2014 and the rest of my life. I really want to try to incorporate more fruit and more veggies. I am also thinking of trying a spin class or maybe I will actually ask the trainers at the gym for some tips. I am looking to get extremely toned. Yes, I still think it is nearly impossible, but you never know until you try right….right.
3. Get a Tattoo: I need to stop being such a baby and do it already. I have wanted the same tattoo for years now and I never have done it. With all the personal events happening in my life, I realize that I want it more now than I ever did. The only reason I did not do it for Christmas is because I have no money. Otherwise, I can tell you with absolute certainty I would have had it before the New Year. I am aiming for March 2014.
2. Real Job…Please: I have been stuck at my part time job for way too long. I just want a job with a salary, benefits, and holidays off. That would be nice. Where are those jobs? For the past 2&1/2 years I have not been able to find any of them.
1. Move The Hell OUT: The one thing that I really do miss about college, amidst a few others, is the freedom and privacy. I could come and go as I pleased. I did not have to explain myself, or my actions, to anyone and I could do pretty much whatever I wanted. Living with my mother, that is nearly impossible. I know that she means well, but she is so nosy. She asks a million questions every day about literally everything and it drives me crazy. I just want to be able to be myself, go out, and not be questioned about every tiny aspect of my life.
So readers, let us toast to a better and brighter 2014 full of new resolutions!!!