Alright. So. This was the week for me to attempt to get myself going down that healthy path. For real this time. I started up physical therapy for the first time since my surgery, and going three times a week has really got me ready to get back into the workout mode already. Unfortunately, the real workouts on my own won’t be for a while longer, but I really don’t mind going to physical therapy for the time being. The people there are great and they’ve already put me through a great workout so much so that everything hurt (in a good way) after the first day. I’m ridiculously out of shape. Never in my life has it been like this. Anyway, since I’m getting back into the swing of things, I thought, why not give the smoothie thing a go again? I’ve made some in years past, but the desire I had to actually make them didn’t last long. This time, I’m really going to stick with it. So here’s what I’ve been drinking this week.
- 1 banana
- handful of frozen blueberries
- 4-5 medium-size strawberries
- unsweetened almond milk
- lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 scoop of Pure Protein: Whey Protein Powder (vanilla cream flavored)
- 3 ice cubes
1. Put all the fruit into the blender
2. Fill the blender about 1/3 with almond milk and a splash of water. Add two spoonfuls of yogurt.
4. Add several ice cubes (I add three…I make sure they get chopped up really well but alter to how cold you like it). Add 1/2 scoop of protein powder (I do 1/2 scoop because I don’t want that much protein and the flavor is really strong). Blend again.
And that’s my Strawberry-Banana-Blueberry-Vanilla smoothie. So delicious. It’s the only one I’ve tried so far, but I’m open to new suggestions!