Hi guys, so I’ve notices some patterns that develop whenever I’m left alone in the apartment by myself for too long. They are weird enough that I don’t do them when Kunaal is around, but not so weird that I’m embarrassed to share them with the entire internet, so, I’ll let you be the judges. I can’t be the only one who has a totally different routine for when I’m home alone, right? I’ve also noticed that the longer I’m alone the more frequent these behaviors become.
I don’t have any pictures for this post so I’m going to start you off with a song that my co-worker was playing today and has since been stuck in my head ever since.
1. Stop eating real food. I don’t mean that I start eating like dirt and pennies or anything, but when I’m home alone I either (1) can’t be bothered to cook anything for myself and then eat popcorn or ice cream or cereal for all meals, or (2) make all of my favorite comfort foods, macaroni and cheese (Kraft of course), and grilled cheese, basically any cheese melted onto a carb. Quesadillas are another popular option. And (3), I’ve come up with a formula that the number of pots you should dirty preparing a meal is directly proportional to the number of people that will be eating the meal. One person, one pot/pan. Simple. Also, wine.
2. Stop wearing clothes. Also, not altogether, but when my boyfriend is here I usually don’t walk around in just my bra and jeans for extended periods of time. Which I may or may not be doing right now. When anyone else is here I try to be a bit more civilized. Although I do always have to be mindful of the neighbor who’s window is directly parallel to mine.
3. Binge watch all of my favorite Netflix shows. Sometimes at the end of a long day, all I want to do is come home and watch 4 hours of House of Cards, eat some popcorn, and call it a day. Lately though, it’s been Scandal. Has anyone else watched this yet?
4. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with number 2, but sometimes you just want to Do yoga in your underwear. When the neighbor isn’t around. And you just got back from yoga class and you didn’t get to practice the pose that you wanted and you’ve already started getting undressed but then decide to roll out your mat again anyway. That can’t be just me right?
5. Listen to crappy music really loudly and sing at the top of your lungs. Sometimes I do this when other people are around, but at least when you’re alone there isn’t anyone to yell at you and keep turning off the music. It’s like singing alone in the car but with more space for dancing. I highly recommend singing and dancing around to Into the Mystic whenever you have the chance! Also, sometimes talking to myself and making up songs when I’m doing boring things like showering, washing the dishes, and folding laundry.
Do you guys have any weird habits that only come out when you have the house to yourself?