I don’t have much content for a blog this week, so I figured I’d just talk about the few random things that are on my mind right now. I don’t know if you can relate to them or not, but it’s just a bunch of mumbo jumbo on my end.
1. It seems like everyone is doing this #100happydays posting on Instagram and Facebook and other forms of social media. I’m not sure that I want to post something that makes me happy every single day for 100 days, but I do want to take it upon myself to recognize what makes me happy each day. I could write it down for myself, because ultimately it’s more about me taking a minute to live in the moment that’s making me happy and not worry about feedback from my “friends” on social media.
2. I wrote last week about starting a strictly Yankees baseball blog. I plan on doing it, it’s just not in existence yet. I want to be able to write about it as I’m consistently watching the games, and I just haven’t been able to this week. It may potentially start next week, if I can get myself motivated to start it.
3. This weather. I swear Mother Nature likes to tease us. For every one pleasant day, it seems we get five tempermental ones. How about just sunny and 73 with a slight breeze and no humidity? Because that would be great. I want to get myself outside and back in shape (slowly but surely) but it’s hard to want to do that with the weather lately. Also, enough with the rain. No more of that right now.
4. I’m tired. I know, I shouldn’t be complaining about it or anything because I don’t have a crazy job that requires crazy hours and crazy commuting. But I just haven’t been sleeping well at night and have been stressing over jobs lately, so I suppose that’s a contributing factor.
5. Alright, so I’m also not super busy every hour of every day, but I feel like I want to make plans with people but can’t because I’ve already tried making plans with others, but it’s not confirmed. I like to plan things. Planning ahead is what I do. And I feel like I put an effort forward but often times get wishy-washy yes-no-maybes from people. I want people to follow through and commit. I get they all have things going on too, but I think it’s important to make plans early and keep them. You’ll be happier after the fact. And of course, now that we are “adults,” the only times people can get together are on weekends, so I feel as though I’ve promised weekends to multiple people. Or, nothing gets planned until many months later than expected because certain days don’t work for everyone. It’s sad really.
Anyway, that’s what I’ve got on my mind lately. I know it’s not much, but it’s got me moping around a bit. Time to get to thought number one and be happy!