You know what we don’t talk about nearly enough on this blog? Cookies. I mean, I just can’t think of one single time where any of us even mentioned the word “cookie.” I just feel like it’s my duty, as a friend and co-founder of Honesty Time, to right this wrong. I am taking it upon myself, on this most holy of days, to remedy our immense oversight. I’m basically a hero.
You see, my friends, today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. It is by far the most important of holidays. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookies of all time. No contest. And I eat a lot of cookies.
I was trying to figure out what my other favorite cookies are, and surprisingly the answer is not “all of them” (Thin Mints and oatmeal raisin can GTFO). This week I’m going to share my list of favorite types of cookies, because I know that there is nothing that you all could possibly care more about (spoiler alert: chocolate chip cookies are number 1).
Also, let’s just assume that unless I specify a brand, I prefer this homemade (I’ve included some recipes).
20. Frosted sugar cookies
19. Oatmeal chocolate chip (not raisin!)
18. Pillsbury’s cut and bake cookies
17. Danish butter cookies
15. Chocolate crinkle cookies
14. Red velvet cookies
13. Shortbread cookies
12. Oreos (with peanut butter!)
11. Chips Deluxe Rainbow cookies
9. Cookies & cream cookies
8. Amanda’s mom’s Christmas cookies (they all get grouped together…you haven’t lived until you’ve had them)
7. Black & white cookies
6. Apricot hamantaschen (minus the walnuts)
5. Sainsbury’s caramel shortcake bites (#1 reason I want to go back to London…)
3. Monster pudding cookies (in case you missed last week’s blog)
2. Peanut butter cookies
1. Chocolate chip cookies (I like the classic Nestle recipe best)
These are the 20 I could think of right now. I’m sure I’m missing some obvious ones and that this list could probably be way longer. Basically, I usually don’t like nuts in cookies (although I love peanut butter and the occasional macadamia) and I hate raisins. And no mint with my chocolate. Ever, ever, ever.
Anywho, clearly I have a lot of feelings about cookies. What are your favorites? Feel free to share any recipes you love. And don’t forget to eat a chocolate chip cookie today! (or 12)