The sun is shining, I have two meetings (occurring at the same time, 35 minutes away from each other) tonight for theatre, and I’m trying to take a positive spin on planning my future right now.
So I’m not going to dwell. Instead, I’m going to share the things that have been making me happy since last week.
1. Rita’s! I received this gift card from my senior interns. They know what’s up.
2. French Macarons from Patisserie Didier Dumas in Nyack, NY. I’d share a picture, but I ate them too fast. The chocolate and the earl grey flavors were especially heavenly experiences. Also, they were not that expensive compared to some other local shops. I got 6 macarons for only $6.72.
3. Harry Potter marathons. Every Friday, my high school friends and I have been watching the Harry Potter movies from start to finish. It is my understanding that they are just now getting into Harry Potter. Yes, I don’t know how on Earth we’re friends, but we are. Also, we’ve been enjoying the movies with lazy man’s butterbeer – cream soda and butterscotch schnapps.
4. True love. This post wouldn’t be complete without an eskimo kiss from a cat.
5. This pure lavender tea from Harney and Sons. I’m anxious and I have trouble sleeping. I’ll take any help I can get to calm myself before bedtime. This is 100% lavender. I also have a lavender/chamomile mix from Harney and Sons as well.
6. Coldplay. I haven’t listened to their new album yet, but every now and then when I listen to the radio instead of, say, Big Fish or Carrie or Chess, I really dig this song. I may also be out of touch but apparently Coldplay is getting a lot of hate according to the YouTube? I don’t get it. I love Coldplay. Bye.
7. “The Witch” But usually I listen to my phone, which only has show tunes on it right now. And my shuffle always knows to play this. Go, Ciara, Go. A mighty YAAAAS for you, girl.
8. Powder foundation. Random but this is making me happy too. From Makeup Forever, the Pro Finish powder is almost a worthy replacement to my #1 Maybelline powder that was discontinued. One step foundation so I don’t have to spend my whole life in front of the mirror, which I was doing with my liquid foundation routine before I found this. It’s nice outside. I’d rather be out there than trying to figure out how to cover my acne scars.
9. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is now on Netflix. There’s not much more to be said. Except, yes, yes I am 5 years old.
10. Back to Broadway. Listening to Ramin jam out in his Les Miz Vlogger 24601 vlogs. http://www.broadway.com/videos/series/vlogger-24601-backstage-at-les-miserables-with-ramin-karimloo/ Check them out. He has a true gift. Also, all of the vlogs on here are super entertaining. If you like Broadway, enjoy.
And that’s it for now. I’m going to continue looking for a positive spin on everything, looking for happiness, and trying to look forward to whatever the future may be holding for me.