Welcome back to Honesty Time! I missed you. Happy Fall. Let’s just jump right into our October Challenge!
What’s the best vacation you ever had?
My best ever vacation was spring break my senior year of college.
As has been mentioned many, many times, we bros love Harry Potter. A lot. We also like having a good time. And so, as has also been mentioned a few times here, some of us went to Orlando our senior year to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and all of the other fun at the Universal parks.
There are many reasons why this is my favorite vacation of all time.
- Senior yeah, oh yea!!! Senior year of college is supposed to fun, so a fun vacation was in order, because seniors, that’s why.
- Most of my senior year was actually terrible. I was sick and on antibiotics or steroids most of the time, and I honestly really wanted to just move home. Having carefree days with some of my closest friends made a world of difference in my mood and outlook on not only college, but also my life.
- HARRY POTTER
- This was right before I went gluten/dairy/nightshade free, so it was an awesome last hurrah. Drinks and burgers with buns, nachos and drinks, sugar and butterbeer, drinks and piano bar sing-a-longs. It was an awesome send off for my stomach.
- This was actually my first ever no adults, not school work related vacation ever. Every other “vacation” I’ve taken has been with at least one person’s parents, or a school trip, or a study abroad, which was more school than adventure. We did what we wanted, when we wanted, judgment free.
- Spring training! For me, the baseball season ends when the Yankees are done. So this year, my season is already done, sadly (pathetically?). Then Rachel and I start the countdown to spring training. That year, we actually got tickets to see the Yankees and the Braves play a game. Bro talk on the grass, on a hot day, with baseball as our backdrop. That’s the way to spend a sunny day.
- HARRY POTTER
So as you can see, there were many emotional factors that led to this being my best vacation ever.
Mostly emotions tied to food, my love of baseball, and my love of Harry Potter. A+