Today is Black Friday. The day when everyone becomes animals the day after giving thanks and all that jazz. I find nothing appealing in fighting with the masses to go buy things. Also, I really can’t move the day after Thanksgiving because I’m as big as the turkey I ate. I typically spend the day rolling around and eating more food because I haven’t eaten enough, obviously. So if you’re like me, here’s a list of alternative things to do besides running around the stores like you’re in The Hunger Games.
1. Like I said, literally lay around the house. Do not get out of bed. Do not remove yourself from the couch. How often do we have time in real life to do this? NEVER. Enjoy it while you can.
2. If you’re one of those healthy people (but who really is around the holidays?), burn off Thanksgiving dinner with some exercise. If you’re feeling bold, drive to the gym (no thank you).
3. Promptly earn back all those calories by eating leftovers. Then proceed to couch.
4. If it’s cold, build a fire in your fireplace and fall asleep in front of it, still in a food coma. Doesn’t that sound gloriously wonderful? Bonus if you have a fuzzy animal to snuggle with.
5. Watch whatever TV marathons are on. Or even better, watch Christmas movies! Elf on repeat, let’s be serious, who doesn’t want to do that. Home Alone, also quality.
6. Listen to Christmas music and prance around the house. Oh wait that’s just me.
7. No more pumpkins! Finally! Decorate for Christmas! Lights, Santas, snowmen, wreaths, tree…all of it!
8. Make cookies…as if there hasn’t been enough cooking and baking already. But this time break out the cookie cutters and pile up the bags of Tollhouse chocolate chips. It’s time to get serious.
9. If you must shop, do it online. Because let’s be real, no one wants to put on real clothes and go out to the store to shop. Also, my real clothes don’t fit because turkey.
The holiday season is officially here for the next 28 days. So sit down and buckle up, because it’s the most wonderful time of the year!