It’s time for another list of songs that I’ve been listening to lately! However, there’s a twist! Can you guess which ones I am forced to listen to at my children’s center job and which I am gladly listening to for fun? Some of these are obvious…
1. Obviously this is work related. But I DARE YOU to listen to this and not have this nonsense stuck in your head FOREVER. Chugga chugga CHOO choo
2. Work. Unlike the rest of the world, I listen to this at work and shake my head. Work here is not only the children’s center, but also the high school where I do costumes. I listen to it IN BOTH PLACES. Multiple times a day. Save me. I do not listen to this song out in the real world, ever.
3. This is clearly something I could never listen to at work. Foul language alert! Heathers is just so awesome, y’all. This song is A+ total BA.
4. Trick question! Work! But I don’t hate it.
5. Obviously this is something I jam out to in the car and when I’m sitting by my computer. This is brilliant and you cannot go wrong with the sweet vocals of Marcus Mumford. So sweet. Sweet. Sweet.
6. Sometimes, this gets stuck in my head. And perhaps, sometimes, I sing along. Alas, this is a work song that is just as bad as any song from Frozen. It’s omnipresent and the little girls love it. Though, I do at least like Frozen, so maybe this is worse.
7. The show that I just finished was actually A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. But this is also a trick question because I LOVE this song. It’s so funny and well done. This is a combo work/pleasure song. Gotcha!
8. Yes, this specific version. The A*Teens version. Oh boy, oh boy. Work. All work. I do not listen to the A*Teens. Remember them? Where did they go?
9. Truth: I love “Bring Him Home.” Especially when Ramin Karimloo sings it. But alas, this is the Piano Guys version from our “soft music” time at work. I enjoy it, but I would have never heard of the Piano Guys without this job. Sorry, Piano Dudes!
10. Obvious. Right? One of my favorite songs right now. I listen to it almost every time I get into the car, which has recently been pretty often.
Do you listen to different things at work than you would normally listen to? Is it by choice, or force? Do you hate it? Or, like me, have you started to rock out to train songs?